Transformers Purchased in October 2012
When it rains, it pours. Like Cybertron Acid Rain! Or Hurricane Sandy. October was a downpour full of Transformers, I was finding newly released figures multiples times per week. This will be a long post. Prepare yourself.
- Generations GDO Swerve, toysrus.com, $14.99
- Generations GDO Springer, Toys R Us, $14.99
- Generations GDO Wheelie, Toys R Us, $14.99
- Generations GDO Cliffjumper, toysrus.com $14.99
- Generations GDO Brawl, Toys R Us, $9.99
- Generations GDO Laserbeak, toysrus.com $9.99
- Transformers Prime Rumble, Walmart, $15.47
- Transformers Prime Airachnid, Target, $15.49
- Transformers Prime First Edition Terroron Cliffjumper, Toys R Us, $14.99
- Transformers Prime First Edition Vehicon, Toys R Us, $14.99
- Transformers Prime Voyager Dreadwing, Target, $21.99
- Transformers Prime Kup, Walmart, $15.47
- Transformers Prime Vehicon, Walmart, $15.47
- Generations Fall of Cybertron Onslaught, hasbrotoyshop.com, $14.99
- Generations Fall of Cybertron Blastoff, hasbrotoyshop.com, $14.99
- Generations Fall of Cybertron Vortex, hasbrotoyshop.com, $14.99
- Generations Fall of Cybertron Swindle, hasbrotoyshop.com, $14.99
- Generations Fall of Cybertron Brawl, hasbrotoyshop.com, $14.99
- Generations Ultimate Gift Set (Jazz, Combat Hero Optimus Prime, Motorbreath, Thundercracker), hasbrotoyshop.com, $29.99
- Generations GDO legend Silverstreak, Toys R Us, $5.99
- Generations GDO legend Thundercracker, Toys R Us, $5.99
Whew! That’s a lot of TFs! I knew October was gonna be special, when back in this post I said October is off to a great start. 24 TFs for the month. That’s gotta be a new single month record, even for me. 7 figures came out of TF Prime, and the other 17 all belong to Generations. And out of the 17 Generations, 5 are Fall of Cybertron, and the rest GDO. I guess this month more than makes up for the last few months, where I found virtually nothing in the stores.
Out of the 24 figs, 13 are repaints of molds I already have. Still, Hasbro made them different enough for me to want them. They sure know how to keep me interested.
Notice I bought the little legend GDO Thundercracker twice. First came with the Ultimate Gift set from hasbrotoyshop.com, and the second was a standalone purchase at Toys R Us. I guess I could’ve left the the 2nd one on the shelf, but these little guys are rare finds so I couldn’t help myself.
But yeah, so many TFs in such a short span. I’m barely able to process it all. The pic below shows the only figures that I opened so far. And believe me I plan to open them all (except for the 2nd Thundercracker).
I recommend all these figures that I opened. Well, maybe except for Airachnid. Her robot mode is pretty crappy. But the heli mode is cool and she is a rare fig, so there are still some reasons to get one.
Today is also Halloween. So I thought I do a shot of all my orange TFs with a stuff pumpkin that I have. Check it out below.
And speaking of orange, here’s a plug for a totally unrelated topic: San Francisco Giants are world champions! As a sports fan living in the SF Bay Area, it’s something I must mention. Their colors are orange and black, very fitting for Halloween. Coincidentally, the victory parade is also on this day. It will be crazy in the city! I wanted to take a pic of my orange TFs with some Giants memorabilia, but can’t find any. Earlier in the year I went to a Giants game, and I got a Brian Wilson gnome as a stadium give-away. I sold it on eBay for $50, which I’ve come to regret now for 3 reasons: 1) It’s a great piece to take a pic with my orange TFs, 2) Now that Giants are world champs, it’s probably worth way more than $50, and 3) It’s a great memento to keep around for a championship year. Though Brian Wilson has made no contribution to this championship run since he’s been hurt since May, so maybe it’s not a big deal.
Happy Halloween everyone! Transform and Roll Out!